i have concluded… i’m not a huge fan of reading assignments. i think i would rather take notes in a lecture.
– does my scenery ever change spiritually?? do i see things differently than i did a year ago? two years ago? (Hebrews 11:6)
– Luke 5:1-11 — you really best learn trust when you’re in the deep
– shallow end = standing in self-reliance; fun, w/ “trust” and “faith”
– deep end = really, truly living! true trust and faith in God!
– “that was the coolest thing i’ve ever done… and I am never doing that again!” (reference to living dangerously in the deep end)
– TRUST is personal! and fundamental to who you are… in Christ.
i must say… i truly enjoyed chapel today. Jerry Gillis is a God-gifted speaker. humorous, too.